2013-2014 Admissions and Audition/Interview Requirements for the Theatre B.A.
AFTER SEPTEMBER 1, 2013:
1. Apply for admission online at http://admissions.psu.edu. Priority consideration for freshmen admission to University Park is given to complete applications filed by November 30. Transfer applicants should file their applications by February 1, 2014.
ALL AUDITIONS AND INTERVIEWS FOR ALL PROGRAMS MUST BE SCHEDULED BY FEBRUARY 1, 2014 AND COMPLETED BY FEBRUARY 23, 2014. We do recommend that you submit materials and schedule an audition prior to November 30 for the best availability of your selected date. Admission to programs in the Penn State School of Theatre include both a talent review and an academic review by Penn State Undergraduate Admissions. Both must be favorable to gain admission into the program.
2. Upload the required materials (resume, head shot, two letters of recommendation, and either your essay response OR five pages of original dialogue). All materials must be submitted at least two weeks prior to your preferred interview date. Students who have not submitted the required materials at least two weeks prior to their audition date will be asked to reschedule.
All students will interview with the faculty. Interviews will focus on the student’s past theatre experience as well as the essay and selected area of interest. Students interested in the performance option will also be required to audition. You should prepare and memorize a one-minute monologue from a contemporary script. The character should be appropriate to your age. We suggest that you work with your drama coach to identify an appropriate selection. Please dress comfortably (wear shoes that will allow you to move naturally).
The audition consists of a modern and ballet technique class and interview with the faculty. The audition may contain jazz or afro-fusion. No solos are required. We look for talented dancers at the intermediate to advanced level. Students do not need to have studied modern dance prior to College to be accepted to the program.
- Bring ballet and/or jazz shoes
- Be prepared to dance barefoot
- The style of dance attire you wear is up to you
Theatre B.A. Interview Dates 2013-2014:
December 14, 2013
January 25, 2014
February 8, 2014- NO dance auditions this date.