After September 1, 2016:
Apply for admission online at HTTP://ADMISSIONS.PSU.EDU. Students should apply to the THEATRE B.A. DEGREE. Priority consideration for freshmen admission to University Park is given to complete applications filed by November 30. Your application must be complete (submitted online, and your high school transcripts and SAT or ACT scores are here) to receive a prescreen decision. Log into your MYPENNSTATE account to check your application status.
ALL PRESCREEN MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY JANUARY 18, 2017. AUDITIONS MUST BE SCHEDULED BY FEBRUARY 1, 2017 AND COMPLETED BY FEBRUARY 18, 2017.
Auditioning for Penn State’s Dance program is a two-step process:
Step 1: All students interested in auditioning for the dance program. must submit the following via digital upload HERE.
- Essay - tell us *why* you want to be in the dance program at Penn State
- Dance: ninety seconds of dance, in whatever dance discipline you are most comfortable with: tap, jazz, ballet, modern, African, hip hop, lyrical, contemporary. No barre work. Please stick to vocabulary and steps you are familiar with and can execute well. We just want to see where you are in your dance training. Give us a minute of what will show us YOU through your dance.
Students who are invited to audition with us in person will receive an email confirmation with an invitation to schedule an on-campus audition. Students are encouraged to submit their materials prior to November 30 for the best availability of preferred audition dates and times.
The deadline for all video submissions and consideration is January 18, 2017.
SUBMIT YOUR PRESCREEN
Step 2: Students who are invited to audition in person should be prepared for the following:
- Learn and perform a dance combination with other students
- Perform a dance solo no longer than ninety seconds
- Short interview with dance faculty
On-Campus Audition Dates: 2016-2017
December 3, 2016
January 14, 2017
February 4, 2017
February 18, 2017